At the beginning of the summer holidays ELF ran a 50% off campaign and that was the step I needed to sort out my new make up routine for September. The picture above shows the haul I managed to pic up for approx £30.00. Not all of the products above made it into the final list of products I use every morning therefore listed below are the ones that made the cut:
- Mineral Infused Face Primer (in Clear) – this is first on, and as it says on the box it fills lines and helps prepare your skin so make up goes on evenly. It certainly does that I love the smoothness I feel on my skin after using it.
- HD Mattifying Cream – This is the foundation I am currently using and it is very similar to my favourite foundation – Benefit’s Some Kind-a Gorgeous but significantly cheaper. I find the coverage and the finish very similar in both products so I would definitely buy the ELF one again.
- Eyeliner and Shadow Stick in Black/Smoke – described as “Achieve colour intensity for your eyes with twist-up ease” on the ELF website and I would certainly agree with this, I found the smoke a little dark so now I only cover half my eye and use a finger to smudge it across the whole eyelid.
- Volume Plumping Mascara – I choose this because it has a brush similar to Benefit’s BadGal mascara. So far I have no complaints, it’s not as good as Benefit’s but for everyday use I cannot complain. It goes on easy and covers all my lashes really well.
- Mineral Blush in Joy – again, this was purchased as a Benefit dupe as well, I really like Benefit’s Dandelion and have used it for many years. I cannot complain about the ELF version, it suitably highlights the the cheek area,